A tile floor or wall can add beauty to a room for a lifetime.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Lets Move Things Outdoors with a Pavilion Paver Patio!




I've created a lattice top pergola set on 6 4x6 posts.  Also i've set up a poured concrete border to keep the pavers stationary and prevent loss of rock/sand.  A lattice wall on the street side will provide some privacy once some vines and other plants grow around the structure.











Pavers are staggered in a brick-like pattern working from one side to the other.  I've got my favorite helper working with me!  Don't forget to use a crushed limestone base and compact it in first.  A layer of sand allows you to keep the pavers level.  I used a dead blow mallet to level out the pavers as i went along.











The final product turned out gorgeous and with minimal paver cutting.  Time for plants and furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment